Many thanks for taking the time to view my Blog. All photographs are the Copyright of Dawn Elliott. Please do not take any photographs from this website or use them anywhere else without permission from me. Thanks!

Monday 14 February 2011

Grimms Fairy Tales - Little Red Riding Hood Collection











Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Well as promised, I said I would reveal the theme of last week's photoshoot in good time and I can now share it with you.... Grimms Fairy Tales is one of my favourite books of all time and I wanted to do my vision of Little Red Riding Hood and put a bit of a Burton-esque twist on it. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

The shoot with Laura went so well on Friday, my only complaint was it didn't last long enough!!! I had so much fun doing the shoot but Laura was so brilliant that we got all the shots I needed really quickly. We were so lucky with the weather too, I wanted a really grey and miserable day but not raining, and thankfully thats exactly what we got. Lady luck was shining down on us too as just as we finished the sun decided to come out which would have ruined the shots if it had been earlier. Once again we got a few strange looks and comments when walking past dog walkers and fisherman, but brilliantly Laura's unfaltering enthusiasm for the shoot came into play and she was quick to ask the fishermen whether they'd seen any wolves nearby haha

Anyway I still have ALOT more editing to do (just narrowing down the selection for the collection is hard enough) but here are a few pictures to whet your appetite.

Would love to hear your comments..

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo I love them soooo much the last one is my fav I think ??? its quite hard to choose. Thanks again babe as always it was great spending time with you and the shoot was great fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow dawn I love these , especially like the first three , the first for the shading , the second for the isolated atmosphere and the stance of the wolf , all of the third , love them all .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures fantastic , perfect seeting ,captured the essence of the story , especially like the last one .

    ReplyDelete